To celebrate National Employee Benefits Day
By Elizabeth Borton
Every year on April 2, the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) celebrates National Employee Benefits Day by providing free benefits education materials. This year, the focus is on retirement planning.
According to the Employee Benefits Research institute, almost nine in ten people don’t think they’ll have enough saved when they get to retirement. That’s a scary proposition. What can you do to help your employees?
Log on to the IFEBP Benefits Day website to access a variety of helpful
- Short articles targeting two specific populations: “Picture Your Retirement” for those who are less than 15 years from retirement and “Take Control of Your Future” for those who are more than 15 years from retiring.
- Terminology handouts: to help your employees understand the key terms around retirement plans, investments and credit.
- Interactive budgeting worksheets
- Retirement savings tips
- Retirement security videos
- Helpful government resources
Heck, there’s even a cat video
! What more could you need? Make the investment in your employees’ future by using these free materials to help them understand the importance of investing in themselves.
Oh, and by the way, Happy National Employee Benefits Day!