If you’re in an HR role, you’re probably feeling walloped and upended by all the change in the past week — by the pace, severity, and magnitude of it…and by the information about it aimed at your inbox.
There’s a lot of good organizations and companies offering their help, but there’s just not a lot of time to explore it. We’ve made it a little easier to find what you need…when you have time to look for it.
Need advice on crisis communications? Looking for something you saw in an email from SHRM? Researching the legal risks? Want to see what other HR departments are doing? Start here.
HR.com Coronavirus Chatbot — AI-powered help on demand, and you can request it to be customized for your company website so employees can use it, too.
Remember to rely on trusted sources. Avoid links in emails and on social media. Check URLs before you click.
Legal and Compliance
Fisher Phillips — workplace law experts. Comprehensive and Updated FAQs for Employers on the COVID-19 Coronavirus
Comprehensive General Coverage
SHRM — Coronavirus and COVID-19 resource site has it all: Forms, tools, samples, toolkits, how-to guides, infectious disease control policy advice, and more.
Other General Information
- Employee Benefit News — Coronavirus Impact website has what they call a “feed” updated regularly with news, strategies, education, and more.
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) — Coronavirus Resources website organizes information by government, workplace, and benefits resources.
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) — COVID-19 Resources website with communications templates, messaging advice, a peer-to-peer discussion hub, and more. Some areas are members-only, but at around $300, this may be the time to sign up.
Webcasts and Webinars
If a date has passed, material should be available via recording or on-demand. Some may be members only.
- March 18 at 11 am ET — COVID-19: The Next Round of Employer Challenges by SHRM
- March 18 at 3 pm ET — Coronavirus in the Workplace: U.S. Regulatory Considerations by the IFEBP
- March 19 at 8 am ET — Communicating [in] Crisis: 4 Proven Strategies to Communicate in Quarantine by IABC
- March 19 at 12 pm ET — COVID-19: Fact, Fiction, and How to Protect the Health of Globally Mobile Employees by SHRM
- March 19 at 12 pm ET — Coronavirus: Employer Q & A by HR Source
- March 20 at 1:30 pm ET — The Coronavirus: Workplace Guidance for Employers on COVID-19 by Fisher Phillips